*/ Wedding Fashion Files: Make Mine Vintage

Monday, April 13, 2009

Make Mine Vintage

One of the current wedding trends I absolutely adore is the return of vintage dresses and themes to our "oh so modern" society. I think I was born much too late; I am always drawn to clothing, artwork, books, collectibles and everything else vintage. Even my closest friends, who are considerably older than I, tease me that they are part of my admiration for all things vintage. Whether people believe it or not, I'm an old soul in a lot of ways. I suppose this is the reason I am loving this comeback so much.

Today I have managed to get myself tangled in the webs of a site devoted to vintage wedding attire and my severe case of lust for times long passed has taken a turn for the worse. It is too early to determine exactly how much longer I have unless I am treated for this affliction soon (and aggressively). I have not been able to tear myself away from Vintage Wedding all afternoon. As a matter of fact, I am still browsing the site and some of their equally interesting links as I write this.


The clothing on this site ranges from under garments and accessories to dresses, as well as suits for men. Mind you, these are not replicas (unless otherwise noted), but actual vintage items. Some of the gowns and such have never even been worn, while others need minor repair or cleaning. If you are considering going with a vintage theme, it may be worth taking a look.

While replicas may be easier to find and involve less work (in the case of repair, it may be challenging to locate suitable materials, for example), if you are an old soul like me, you really may get a kick out of being married in actual vintage apparel.

I am sure by now it is no secret how I feel. I love the vintage trend; from the attire, to the added touches. Vintage favors, music, decor and anything else you can think of will all add to your vintage wedding theme. I may be biased, but I do not think you can ever have too much of a good thing.....as long as that "thing" is vintage!

Read More......

1 comments:

kennady October 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

I loved the second wedding dresses a lot thatn any other.

Snap

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Label Cloud

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP